Mortgages for the Self-Employed
Statistics show that nearly 20% of all income earners in Canada are now self-employed. This is a large and growing demographic, which brings up the question, "Why is it so difficult to get a mortgage through a chartered bank if you're self-employed?" That's because many business-for-self owners fully utilize their allowance for expenses in lieu of extra income, something most banks will not recognize.
At Canequity we understand your needs. Our mortgage lenders look at your credit history and FICO score rather than business financials and personal tax notice of assessments. This is something most mortgage lenders won't do.
With Canequity Mortgage and our preferred lenders, you will find a product that is right for you.
Here are just some of the great products available:
The Low Documentation (Low Doc) Mortgage
Purchase a new property or refinance your existing home up to 80% of its appraised value. No true income is required for this mortgage; the lender will base their approval on your credit rating rather than actual net income!You will need:
- A clean credit history. (No bankruptcies or foreclosures. Any late payments on credit cards or loans may lower your chances of qualifying.)
- Proof that you have been self-employed for three (3) years. (Incorporation papers or GST number.)
- The property to be located in or near a major centre. (Please call for details.)
Some restrictions apply. Please fill out our easy-to-use low-doc mortgage application or contact one of our representatives today to qualify!Apply Now for a Low Doc Mortgage
Please remember each application is unique and these are just some examples of the current products available to business-for-self persons. Here are a few things to remember when shopping for a mortgage:
- A self-employed person with a clean credit history in most cases will receive the lowest rates available.
- Although an established credit history does improve your interest rate, it is not a requirement for obtaining a mortgage.
- Please keep in mind that the property must be in or near a major centre.
Canequity works hard to bring products like these into the Canadian mortgage market. Contact your Canequity mortgage broker for further developments.Our Disclaimer: Although we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of our website, we recommend you use the above mortgage information as a guideline only. Mortgage interest rates and product availability are subject to change without notice at any time. Certain rates or mortgage products require a minimum credit score, loan amount, or down payment amount and may only be available in specific lending areas. A quick closing loan condition may be required (does not apply to mortgage pre-approvals). For more information, contact Canequity by using our online mortgage application.